Summary of Position:
The Associate Director of Research Program Management (ADRPM) will be involved in managing the day to day activities of the Clinical Research Managers across the registries. Critical skills for this position include understanding the research process, ability to develop abstracts/manuscripts/presentations, experience in project management and a track record in managing people. Responsibilities include working with Subscribers, supervising and mentoring the Clinical Research Managers, ensuring all deliverables are developed on time, and working with internal stakeholders representing the Epi Dept on initiatives that are cross functional. This position reports to the Senior Medical Director of Pharmacoepidemiology and Outcomes Research.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide direct supervision for Clinical Research Managers in the Corrona Epidemiology team
- Serve in the role of Clinical Research Manager (when needed), working directly with subscribers on research queries, which includes planning and leading meetings, developing project timelines and budgets, and working with the research team on issues related to study design and conduct.
- Ensure adequate Clinical Research Manager coverage for all studies and provide coverage as needed
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the Clinical Research Managers based on existing organizational procedures and policies to guide staff in the management of research queries, development of reports/abstracts/presentations/manuscripts, and maintaining subscriber and KOL relationships
- Develop, implement and support systems in the Epi department to promote efficiency and productivity, and ensure high quality products of research (abstracts/manuscripts/presentations)
- Make recommendations to the Director on needs of the team to ensure maximum productivity and efficiency
- Promote collaboration and a work environment conducive to team work and employee satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Dept of Biostatistics to coordinate efforts in developing subscriber deliverables
- Represent the Epi Dept on Corrona initiatives that are cross functional in nature
- Represent Corrona at Subscriber meetings, professional meetings, symposia and conferences
- Master’s degree, with appropriate experience in Epidemiology or other Public Health core discipline (or equivalent) is required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a research or medical setting with prior managerial experience
- Ability to delegate and prioritize, assist others with prioritizing study tasks
- Must be very familiar with observational, longitudinal registry research studies and possess the ability to interpret results of statistical analyses and translate data into tables and narratives describing study findings
- Strong scientific, leadership and communication skills as well as a strict adherence to strong ethical business and research practices
- Comfortable with fast-paced environment and able to simultaneously work on several projects
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent project planning and time management skills
- Must possess strong internal and subscriber-facing written and verbal communication skills
- Requires a strong working knowledge of MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, MS Project, and SharePoint