This position will be based remotely in the U.S. with preference for candidates in proximity to the Boston, MA, Princeton, NJ or New York City metropolitan areas.
Corrona is a real world evidence business providing registry data and consulting services to pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies. Corrona currently operates six independent, observational disease registries in the autoimmune space, two of which launched in 2017. As a result, Corrona’s financial operations & planning activities are growing rapidly and we are currently seeking an Associate, FP&A & Strategy join our Finance team.
This position will offer a rich, cross-functional learning environment, with significant exposure to Corrona’s Executive team and all of Corrona’s therapeutic areas and service offerings (including Pharmacovigilance, Clinical Research, and Medical Affairs).
Successful candidates will be personable, motivated and highly analytical, applying a data-driven mindset to achieve objectives.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Associate, FP&A & Strategy will perform complex financial analysis and create accurate, transparent and timely reports to support leadership decision. This role will routinely collaborate with key functional areas outside of Finance e.g., business development, registry operations, project management, biostatistics, epidemiology and IT on critical strategic and operational projects.
The Associate, FP&A and Strategy will play a role in the following functional capacities:
• Maintain a thorough, up to date understanding of Corrona’s service offerings, along with real-world evidence/clinical research/pharma landscapes and trends
• Interface across all Corrona functional areas to assist in ongoing forecasting and budgeting processes
• Prepare budget/forecast reports and analyses in support of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes and financial reporting activities to Corrona’s Executive team and Board of Directors
• Assist in the proposal development process for new business opportunities, including management of detailed financial models to support pricing
• Participate in transaction due diligence and long-term strategic planning processes
• Provide decision support to business management through the creation of decision tools, models, presentations, and dashboards.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
• 1 - 3+ years of relevant work experience, ideally in FP&A, public accounting, management consulting, strategy or similar analytical function (or a combination thereof)
• Significant educational and/or work experience in the areas of healthcare, clinical research or life sciences, with a knowledge of and interest in technology
• Advanced financial modeling and quantitative skills with a passion for using data to drive better decision-making
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced workplace, ideally with exposure to remote work environments
• Demonstrated team player with a positive attitude and willingness to hustle
• Proven ability to work independently
• Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Completion of Human Subjects Protection (HSP) training (provided by Corrona)
• Remote position (in proximity to Boston, MA, Princeton, NJ or New York City metropolitan areas)
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
• Travel within the US - up to 15%