Summary of Position:
The Biostatistical Data Programmer will work under the guidance of a Biostatistician/Data Scientist in database management and data sciences to support the development, programming and maintenance of data, tools and processes for the Corrona data lifecycle and business integrity. The Biostatistical Data Programmer will help program, implement, organize and compile an analytic infrastructure and content for reporting and analytics, and in due course operationalizing and providing statistical analyses.
• Derives, compiles and formats data and structures for statistical analysis for Corrona analytical departments (e.g. Biostatistics and Data Sciences).
• Write clean, efficient and maintainable import/export data pipelines (across multiple environments) to expedite data requirements and analyses for Corrona business units.
• Completes data operationalization, validation and quality data checks and other required data engineering (e.g. migration) as outlined by the Biostatistical lead.
• Performs requested compilation, analyses and statistical reports for project queries.
• Utilization of various database management tools and systems.
• Based on level of experience, may also assist Biostatistical lead in the programming development of new statistical methodology for measurement and analysis of data, simulation models and other statistical programming as needed.
• Additional duties may be assigned, either temporary or permanent based upon company needs.
• Bachelor’s Degree with a least 3 years’ experience or Master’s Degree plus 1 year experience in Biostatistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics or Computer science with a concentration in Statistics or Mathematics.
• Previous experience working within a clinical, pharmaceutical, or healthcare data industry.
• Knowledge of data analysis procedures with 2 years of programming experience in R and SAS and/or Stata.
• 2+ years of experience with SQL database queries and programming with demonstrable skills.
• Experience handling both structured and unstructured data from disparate systems, and complicated longitudinal datasets.
• Experience programming in Java or Python.
• Test-based/test-driven development environment.
• Translation of legacy systems and applications into rules/definition based applications.
• Knowledge of distributed data processing and management systems.
• Experience with data analytics platforms, frameworks and/or workflow tools.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and integrate complex systems efficiently and effectively, with a good comprehension of algorithms and performance optimization.
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and MS Project.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally; valid passport required.
• Reliable transportation for local travel.
• Must be highly organized, initiative driven and detail-oriented, with excellent time management skills.
• Must possess strong English communication and writing skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Completion of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training (provided by Corrona).