Corrona is a real world evidence business providing registry data and consulting services to pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies. Corrona currently operates six independent, observational disease registries in the autoimmune space, two of which launched in 2017.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Biostatistician will work under the guidance of a Biostatistical team lead to complete statistical analysis plans (SAPs) involving complicated longitudinal registry data. The Biostatistician will help to compile appropriate analytic summaries and context for reports and publications. Based on the level of experience, the Biostatistician may serve as project lead to present SAPs and final reports to clients.
- Compiles, analyzes and reports statistical data for various projects
- Carries out complex statistical analyses with minimal supervision according to a statistical analysis plan
- Assists Biostatistical Lead in the development of new statistical methodology for measurement and analysis of data
- Applies advanced statistical methods, which may include simulation models and other statistical programming as needed
- Assesses relevant literature as well as existing data, evaluates the quality of data used in reports and assists with preparation and distribution of periodic reports
- Prepares written reports and summarizes data for investigators with minimal supervision.
- Based on level of experience, makes original contributions to research projects and takes initiative in professional activities
- Closely collaborates and participates in knowledge sharing with other statistical analysts
- Utilizes various database management systems as required
- Master's degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Bioinformatics, Mathematics or related field required
- Required three years of applied statistical experience (5 or more years preferred).
- Preference is given to applications with >2 years of experience with complicated longitudinal datasets and applied advanced statistical methods
- Experience with data science techniques including machine learning and associated software a plus
- Extensive knowledge of at least one major statistical software package such as Stata, SAS or R is required, with preference given to those with Stata experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally; valid passport required
- Reliable transportation for local travel and a valid driver’s license is required
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
- Must possess strong English communication and writing skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Requires a strong working knowledge of MS Office, Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
- Additional duties may be assigned, either temporary or permanent based upon company needs
- Completion of GCP training (provided by Corrona)
- Title and salary commiserate with experience\
Remote position with preference given to candidates in the Boston, Houston & NY/NJ areas